Here’s a take a look at what is going to occur within the coming days:
Monday, Sept. 12
– King Charles II and Camilla, the Queen Consort, visited Parliament to obtain condolences from the Home of Commons and the Home of Lords.
– The royal couple then flew to Edinburgh the place they attended a service of remembrance for the queen, go to the Scottish Parliament and meet senior officers.
– The queen’s coffin, accompanied by the king and queen consort, travelled to Edinburgh’s St. Giles’ Cathedral the place it’s going to keep for twenty-four hours so the general public pays their respects. Members of the royal household held a vigil by the coffin within the night.
Tuesday Sept. 13
– The queen’s coffin is taken by hearse to Edinburgh Airport. Will probably be flown by the Royal Air Drive to London and brought to Buckingham Palace.
– The king and Camilla will go to Northern Eire, the place they meet politicians and religion leaders and attend a service of remembrance at St. Anne’s Cathedral.
Wednesday, Sept. 14
– The coffin is transported from Buckingham Palace to Parliament on a gun carriage, with the king and different royals strolling behind.
– It’s positioned in Parliament’s medieval Westminster Corridor, the place the archbishop of Canterbury conducts a brief service. The queen will then lie in state for 4 days, till the morning of her funeral. Members of the general public will be capable to pay their respects and troops will maintain a round the clock vigil.
Friday, Sept. 16
– The king and queen consort will go to Wales.
Sunday, Sept. 18
– Britain holds a “nationwide second of reflection” with 1 minute of silence at 8.p.m. (1900 GMT).
Monday, Sept. 19
– The queen’s coffin shall be taken from Westminster Corridor to close by Westminster Abbey for a state funeral that begins at 11 a.m.
Leaders and dignitaries from around the globe are anticipated to attend.
– The funeral marks the top of 10 days of nationwide morning, and the day shall be a public vacation throughout the U.Ok.